Friday, July 11, 2008

It's a Chicken Post

So I've been eating lots of chicken this week. I've had bone-in/skin-on thighs, boneless/skinless thighs and a boneless/skinless chicken breast.

First up are the bone-in/skin-on thighs. I used a recipe found on Simply Recipes for Red Chile Marinated Grilled Chicken. Everything I've made from her blog has been very tasty. On the side I cut up potatoes & onions and grilled them in foil with butter & spices and made a tomato & avacado salad. Yum.















Next was the boneless/skinless chicken breast. I totally cheated on this one. Saw tequila-lime marinated breasts at Whole Foods and they just looked too good to pass up. Threw them on the grill along with corn on the cob. Had my first foray into Swiss Chard & it was quite good. Just sauteed in olive oil, butter & white wine along with some red onion & garlic.



I decided to use stuff already in the fridge for the boneless/skinless thighs. I had some leftover prosciutto and gruyere so I put the cheese and some arugula on the chicken and wrapped the proscuitto around it & threw it in the oven. Went outside and mowed the back yard and when I came in it was done. Served it alongside arugula salad with gorgonzola & tomatoes.

No comments: