Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's Schnitzel Time

I had a boneless pork chop that needed to be cooked & came across this recipe at the perfect time. I decided to serve it with roasted garlic & cheesy mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. First I used up the rest of a garlic bulb & threw it in the oven to roast for about 20 minutes.

roasted garlic

I boiled the potatoes & prepped the asparagus. I love to roast asparagus, it's so easy & tastes so good. I always toss with olive oil, salt & pepper. Depending on my mood, I may also add garlic or red pepper flakes. After roasting I top with any of the following: fresh lemon juice, parmesan, balsalmic vinegar. Yum.

potatoes & asparagus

I pounded the pork chop, set up my breading station and made the sour cream/dill mixture for the sauce.

breading station

The final product was pretty darn tasty!

schnitzel far away
schnitzel closeup

No comments: